BBQ Beer Bonanza at the Phoenix
To celebrate the re-launch of the Phoenix pub in Clapham, the iconic pub is running a BBQ Beer Festival from the 19th- 22nd July with free tastings, live music, giveaways and a beer-riddled BBQ menu.
Friday kicks things off with a charity race night before a day of speciality beer tastings on Saturday including the following:
- 12.00 noon - Bring on the Belgians – a look at some of the greatest Belgian beers and styles available such as the Affligem Abbey beers.
- 1.30pm - Fruit Nut – for the lover of fruit, this tasting talks you through some of the best fruit beers and craft ciders around.
- 3.00pm - Team America – The super power’s super craft beers.
- 4.30pm - Rule Britannia – A look at the best of British both the traditional and the new.
- 6.00pm - Eurovision Beer Contest – German, Spain, Belgian, France, UK – you decide who is victorious in this blind tasting.
- 7.00pm – onwards - Live Band.
Local bands will jam and entertain on Sunday which will be followed by Monday Madness where remaining stock will be sold at half price. The Phoenix’s head chef will be cooking up BBQ bliss throughout Saturday and Sunday with the beer sausages, the ultimate burgers and sweet and smoky baby back ribs just a few of the delicacies on offer.
Competitions, raffles and giveaways will also take place during weekend to raise money for the charity Rays of Sunshine - www.raysofsunshine.org.uk
For further information, please call 0207 622 2645.
The Phoenix, 348 Clapham Road, Clapham, London, SW9 9AP.